CCRF -- Establishing a Violation of Freedom of Religion
MATERIAL BELOW DOES NOT APPLY TO MODIFIED DEBATE CULMINATING 2020
WORKSHOP 4 Exhibit Template
DELIVERABLES → Students individually create and submit three deliverables via email on Wednesday 10 June by 3:30 p.m. (NOTE the Culminating can only raise not lower student marks) (NOTE the Culminating is weighted as 10% of your final mark if you choose to complete it and it raises your final mark).
DELIVERABLE 1 → 1 minute audio clip of your opening statement outlining your position, opinion, and conclusion.
DELIVERABLE 2 → 2 minute audio clip detailing your strongest argument and supporting evidence for position taken.
DELIVERABLE 3 → 1 minute audio clip detailing your strongest rebuttal to the opposing side of your position.
CULMINATING STEPS →
1. VISIT the Unit 4 Debate Culminating webpage.
2. VIEW the VIDEO CBC Fifth Estate Behind the Veil.
3. READ the DEBATE STATEMENT (website photo of blackboard) and choose to AGREE or DISAGREE (i.e., AGREE means you will be defending the Supreme Court of Canada DISSENTING Judge's position that a female witness must never be ordered to remove her niqab (religious face covering) while testifying at trial) (i.e., DISAGREE means you will be defending the Supreme Court of Canada CONCURRING Judges' position that a female witness must always be ordered to remove her niqab while testifying at trial). NOTE → students cannot take the MAJORITY position.
4. READ, STUDY, & TAKE NOTES on the Case Materials and Research Materials (on website) to assit in developing your position, arguments, and evidence.
5. WRITE your 1 minute, 2 minute, and 1 minute script based on your work in STEPS 1 to 4.
6. RECORD & SEND your 3 DELIVERABLES via email by the due date.
* Please do not hesitate to contact me for ideas, clarification, and support if you choose to take on the culminating.