12 Economics Independent Learning Tasks CHECKLIST
1. GAME 2 "Can We Trust Each Other?" Generate a pricing strategy (High or Low) for your company (Apple or Samsung) for the first IN-PERSON class. Students will test their strategy against a competitor.
2. Work on EVALUATION 1 "Public Schools & the Free Market" to SUBMIT Wednesday 30 September 2020.
3. Review your notes on the audio documentary "It's the Economists, Stupid" in order to generate a BOTTOM LINE lesson. Think about the big ideas documentary guests Dr. Denniss and Dr. Nelson lay down about economists, economic modelling, economics as a discipline, and the resulting impacts.
1. Students received an email dated 23 Feb. that assigned you an economist by name (their name is in the subject line of the email). Each economist has material posted to the Google Classroom under the Topic "Independent Learning Materials". Read the package on your assigned economist and complete the 5 tasks outlined on the last 2 pages of the package. Prepare and answer for each task to then present to the class in the AM class next week (Cohort E Tues. 02 March & Cohort F Wed. 03 March).
12 CORE THINKERS
J. M. Keynes
J. K. Galbraith
E. Ostrom / A. Sen
M. Carney / D. Moyo
2. Research, write, prepare for your MAtRiX seminar question & discussion. See the project page for details.
1. Answer the 5 PPF Questions and check your understanding against the posted solutions under Unit 3 (see link to questions and answers BELOW).
2. Fully Sketch Out Answers to the Following Questions by Using the LEVEL 1 Market Model. Email a photo of a hand-drawn solution to your designated question. Student solutions will be presented on-screen NEXT virtual class. Email you solution to Mark.Bauer@tdsb.on.ca by 1:00 p.m. Friday 23 October 2020 so it can be projected on Google Meet.
NOTE -- Students draw out and email their own solution independently, NOT in pairs.
Changes in Demand and Changes in Supply Questions
b. Addam / Charlotte
c. Samir / Cleo
d. Sam / Sophie
e. Carter / Julia
f. Yi / Lucy
g. Angela / Kyle
h. Suleiman / Rachel
i. Cindy / Mary
j. Anthony / Anita
Shifts of or Movements Along Demand or Supply Questions
a. Nicholas / Han
b. Shai / Nikita
c. Maxine / Ethan
d. Callum / Jackson
3. Additional LEVEL 1 Questions (LEVEL 1 Handout).
4. LEVEL 3 Scenario 2 -- Bluefin Tuna Intervention (T--Chart & STEPS 1 to 8 in full) (LEVEL 3 Handout).
5. MACRO ANALYSIS OF THE 2008 CRISIS
MACRO MAP (Colour Copy) Students already have a paper copy of the map on large format paper (11 x 17).
ESSENTIAL PRE--READING -- SUPPORTING ARTICLE TO ASSIST IN UNDERSTANDING THE MACRO MAP
SUBMIT STEPS 1, 2, and 3 (A PHOTO OF YOUR MAP HIGHLIGHTED) ABOVE to the Google Classroom by 1 .pm. Wednesday 04 November.